Saturday, May 29, 2010

Summerize Our Home

This past week we had our outdoor lights replaced with those wall lanterns I bought from Rona. Coincidentally, the bronze finish of these lanterns matches the brown undertone of the new paint. Here are some pictures.
I am a big fan of mix-n-match as long as in a coordinated fashion. I chose a half wall lantern for our porch in the same antique bronze finish. The circle pattern on the lantern echos our Sausalito foyer light from Troy Lighting. I feel quirky happy (just like Audrey Tautou from Amélie) when my guests notice details throughout the house like this.
This west-facing guest bedroom was like a boiler heated up by the afternoon sun. As mentioned in my last blog, this past week I had it changed to this soothing Light French Gray color from Behr.
I picked up this throw/blanket in Waverly's Coral Trellis from Home Sense. If a blue coral/foliage pattern like this doesn't scream Shabby Chic, I don't know what else does. Oh by the way, it is my plan to decorate all our bedrooms in different themes: so far this guest bedroom is predominantly in French Provincial/Shabby Chic style. Our master bedroom is modern classic/transitional, and I am yet to figure out the other three.
I highly recommend the Sun Control Film from RCR. As long as you watch the installation video ahead of time, this window film is very easy to put up, and it drastically reduces glaring and temperature. Our guest bedroom now feels at least 3-4 degrees (Celsius) cooler. It also blocks up to 98% UV rays and therefore protects furniture from fading. The only downside is the film is tinted so it slightly darkens the room. You can buy this window film from Home Hardware stores by special order.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...