Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bamboo Chippendale Chinoiserie Chairs

I am always intrigued by the Hollywood Regency design style with a dash of Chinoiserie accent. After reading a fellow blogger 8 foot 6's Toronto Craigslist Scavenger blog, I was so happy to pick up four of these rattan/bamboo chairs for $40! Aren't they gorgeous?

I've started to think about which color I will spray-paint them in and the fabric cushion to go with it. I haven't decided where to put them yet, perhaps as an alternate set to the kitchen dinning table in the summer, or in a seating area underneath a pergola immediately outside of the patio door (or the so-called bring the inside out). Here are some color options:

Option #1: spray paint in glossy white, coupled with vibrant color cushion

Option #2: spray paint in apple green, coupled with white or neutral color cushion

Option #3: spray paint in glossy black, coupled with neutral color cushion -- this appears to be the most conservative option

Option #4: spray paint in blue/turqoise, coupled with white cushion -- this is how I always envision Jonathan Adler-alike chair to be like so perhaps I will pick something blue. Stay tuned for the reveal..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...