Monday, August 15, 2011

Home Office Design Plan 2.0

Thanks for those that voted "Go Bold" theme for my upcoming home office project...I was so close to pull the trigger until...I realized the Ikea Expedit bookcase wouldn't work in the space. Dimension aside (too big to have two flanked the window as originally planned), for those that know me, you will understand that I am too much of an organized freak to display even orderly arranged books and items on open shelves -- they have to go behind closed doors.

To refresh your memory, this is the design board 1.0:
And here's my second attempt of a design plan for my home office, only this time it actually has factored in my personality and habits.
Click on the image to enlarge
Sources:
  • Bowring Evora lantern.
  • Ikea Malm 4-Drawer dresser.
  • Gallery wall over accent chair (a.k.a. the reading area).
  • Billy bookcase x 3.
  • Dwell Studio cushions by Tonic Living.
  • CB2 Filing Cabinet (double duty as a printer stand).
  • Semikolon boxes.
  • 2 x Ikea Micke desks in white: love the extra desk surface once I put them back-to-back.
  • Antique Windsor chairs (still debating whether to paint them in white).
  • Jonathan Adler Parker ceiling light in Polished Nickel.
  • Sweet William Teal drapes by Tonic Living (still debating whether to go with a pair of plain white drapes with ribbon trims. Any thoughts?)
  • And last but not the least, the Light French Gray paint color-matched in Para paint (sorry Sarah).
I know this plan is so safe that it borderlines boring, but I also following my heart and hopefully my "signature" of a design theme: go neutral with something that's hard to change (e.g. wall colors), anchor the space with a couple of substantial pieces of furniture, and go freestyle with accents. Oh and always have "something blue"!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...