Thursday, November 10, 2011

7 Things About Me

I have been writing interior design blogs since July 2008 in preparation for moving into our custom-built home. Three years later, I am still loving every bit of reading and writing decor blogs. Thanks to Jen at Rambling Renovators and Shannon at 8foot6 for the Versatile Blogger Award, I will follow the rule and write 7 things about myself.
  1. I am now officially in my mid 30's (birthday was last week).
  2. As much as I refused to be a Canadian Asian stereotype, I finished my Computer Science and Economics degrees within 4 years with minimal-to-no social life. In year 2000 when every other person I knew had an MBA, I somehow talked myself into taking the part-time program.
  3. My job demands superior change management skills yet true to my identity I like personal things in a static state: I keep the same hairstyle for as long as I could remember; I've been working for the same company for over 10 years; and I am still good friends with all my high school buddies.
  4. Italian is my favorite, and I am adventurous in exploring differnt cuisines. I was a Size 0 until I turned 30, but I am still pretty content with my natural weight (bigger than Size 0 of course) these days -- it stays the same for years even without dieting or working out so my bathroom scale has been collecting dust.
  5. I am a HGTV junkie, and interior design has always been my interest.  My mom keeps a very tidy and beautiful house, and it's only natural that I grew up like her. My self-proclaimed design style is vintage elegance with a dash of French Provincial. Sarah Richardson is my all-time inspiration, and so are all the fantastic bloggers out there (yes ladies..I am talking about you).
  6. I am a value investor and a bargain hunter. I almost never pay full retail price for anything these days.
  7. Lastly, I met my wonderful husband through a shared friend 10 years ago and we've been married for 8 -- yes, that's 8 long years without kids and enough to challenge any inlaws' patience!
Now I am passing the award on to these phenomenal bloggers, in random order:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...